The PhpMyLibrary version 2.2.1 has been released to the public. It can be downloaded here (PhpMyLibrary-2.2.1)! or here!
Visit Project Site
Initial Release of ver 2.2.1
This is the initial working version of 2.2.1 series. Advance search is under development. Basic search has been done. Cataloging module has been replaced totally by the cataloging source code included in the 2.2.1 release. Base code has been laid out. Improvements and bugs fixing ongoing.
Things to be improved that has been discovered in 2.2.1:
1. Tags listing, should include the whole marc consisting of 180+ tags,
current is 60+ (the basics)
2. Advance search. Will be doing some extra-effort in this function because except, union, and difference database functions are not available yet in mysql 4.x, 5.x . This is why this function is still not finish. But the basic search is already working fine. Advance search function is so easy to be coded in using postgresql as database but default webhosting companies use mysql.
3. Improve and/or create serials features.
4. Improve the patron management features.
5. Adapt/Create the barcoding features.
6. Improve the printing outputs.
7. Improve the configuration management, not-to-use the edit the direct php file online.
8. Improve the Borrowing/Circulation management, wherein book and patron/student use barcode enabled id's.Goal has been done. To create a new cataloging interface more easy than previous versions. I'd wanted to fix everything but this will take probably 6 months, This is why i just decided to release what has been done so that you or others may benefit from this new features right away. And perhaps, you or they can code more fast than i am and better improve the code-base for their use.
Anyways this is it. the 2.2.1 current development snapshot.
Download it at
The infos below are the development stages of this snapshot
This lists can be accessed/found in sourceforge.net/projects/phpmylibrary
1450098 cataloging3 done. integrating to webpac -- 2006-03-15 15:17
1448664 cataloging3 done -- 2006-03-13 18:51
1448047 subfield navigation ongoing -- 2006-03-12 11:00
1447092 cant modify config files -- 2006-03-10 21:53
1446913 take strict action to repea/non-repea -- 2006-03-10 14:09
1446901 adding new fields and saving record-ongoing -- 2006-03-10 13:46
1446217 delimitters functions done -- 2006-03-09 20:27
1445281 coding started 03-08-06 09:30 GMT+8 -- 2006-03-08 13:29
1443899 patTemplate added to API -- 2006-03-06 18:01
1443863 binary encoding of marc dropped -- 2006-03-06 16:05
1443862 cataloging3 dobrica explanation -- 2006-03-06 16:02
1442334 development of 2.2.1 ongoing -- 2006-03-03 21:16
1442330 phpmylibrary shows bug in using ie browser -- 2006-03-03 21:11
1442328 directory restructured and installer modified -- 2006-03-03 21:08
This inital version 2.2.1 has been done in almost two weeks. Bugfixing and improvement ongoing.
If you want to use/evaluate the old stable versions visit the site at
Info on 2.x.x series of PhpMyLibrary
2.2.1-x - the current version. this is good for beginners, and non-librarians as it uses point-and-click adding of tags and dilimmiters.
2.1.1-x - good for former CDS/ISIS users because it uses templates named .wkt located at polerio/module/config/worksheets/.
2.0.3-x - the cataloging system for advance users or library professionals because of strict manual USMARC-based encoding.
Thank you for suggesting improvements to the PhpMyLibrary, the open source library automation system.
Polerio T. Babao III
Polerio Inc. 2003
PhpMyLibrary Org. 2001